Tuitionand Payment Methods
Beginners typically start with a 30 minute lesson slot at the same time each week while more advanced students have longer lesson times.
The table below shows equalized MONTHLY tuition from September-June. This means fees are based on the total number of lessons, averaged throughout the entire school year (10 months from September-June).
A non-refundable $35 Family Administrative Fee is charged in addition to lesson fees and is paid only once annually by each family. This helps pay the school’s operational costs. It is charged as soon as your lesson date(s) are confirmed.
If you are only taking 1 or 2 lessons then you are billed on a per lesson basis. You are responsible for the lesson fee even if you miss the scheduled lesson.
|Lesson Length:||30 min||45 min||60 min|
|Monthly Tuition||$117.00 / month||$175.50 / month||$234.00 / month|
Charged the first of each month between September and June.
NEW! Flex Lessons for Long Weekends
To address holiday long weekends, students with lessons on Mondays, Fridays, and Saturdays have either one or four ‘flex lessons’ (included in tuition) they can book throughout the school year. Simply let us know what instrument or teacher you want your ‘flex lesson’ with and we will fit you in!
|Lesson Day:||Monday or Saturday||Friday|
|4 flex lessons||1 flex lesson|
- Two weeks notice is needed to schedule in Flex Lessons.
- Flex Lessons can be used with your teacher or with any other teacher/instrument you want to try (schedules permitting).
- Unused Flex Lessons are forfeited at the end of the school year.
During the registration process, you will be asked to share your credit card information. We do not accept cash, cheques or e-transfers.
Credit cards will not be charged until we confirm a lesson time with you. Once lessons begin, your credit card will be automatically billed on the first of the month between September and June.
- Your annual fee for lessons will be different depending on the duration of each lesson: 30 minutes, 45 minutes, 60 minutes or group lessons (see table above)
- The $35 Family Administrative Fee will be charged once your lesson time(s) are confirmed.
- Should your credit card expire or change during the school year, it is your responsibility to update it via your online student account.
- A late fee of 4% is automatically charged every month a payment is late.
- Credit cards that have been declined more than once are subject to a $20 fee.
Musical Thought Musicianship Programs (MTMP).
We remain OPEN for lessons during inclement weather (just like public schools remain open), unless your teacher has contacted you directly to cancel.
We also remain OPEN during school strikes as we are independent from the school board.